Thursday, November 4, 2010

Excited or panicked?

Doesn't really matter if I am excited or panicked just now - they feel just the same. In fact it's not too dissimilar to the night before a triathlon. I know I'm prepared, I know I'll love it, I know I will have loads to share with friends at the end of it and I know it will be satisfying. Still though I get the waves of anxiety & excitement followed by the smart bit of my brain kicking in rational lists of thoughts checking to see I have all I need, then butterflies return.

Tonight I got a last hug from my source of strength - Paul. Paul & Mars have been right there to hold my hand everytime I've been unbalanced in my drive for this trip. They repeatedly told me to hold on when it was all too much because they believe in me. I forgot to hug Mars when she left the pool, but I know we'll have a big hug & probably a champers when I get back. So looking forwad to seeing all the girls (Mars, Kristy, Dec, Dani & Ange) at Kristy's combined Tupperware & nutrimetics party 2 days after I get back - slight change of scenery from the trip!

Dec is cooking banana muffins which she tells me aren't as good as the mini love cakes because they are healthy but they are still good. I'm lucky to have a housemate who loves cooking & sports as much as I do plus has the same fascination with everything else in life from people to the arts to modern and ancient wonders. Oh and I am lucky to have a housemate so willing to look after the cats while I am away even though she is allergic to them! I am going to miss moments like right now when webber (suspected origin of his name being because he has 3 legs like a webber BBQ) is curled up with me and he's purring away madly. Can't wait for the hugs when I get back!

Ok time to hang out the washing & get to bed. Nigh night!

No comments:

Post a Comment